POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Kaliedoscope : Re: Kaliedoscope Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kaliedoscope
From: Michael Yecchh
Date: 22 Oct 2001 09:30:17
Message: <3bd41f69$1@news.povray.org>
"Peter Popov" <pet### [at] vipbg> wrote in message
> On Sun, 21 Oct 2001 23:22:06 -0500, "Michael Yecchh"
> <som### [at] anywherecom> wrote:
>
> >This is a very raw attempt at an animation form one new to POV and Moray.
> >My version is 35M and a bit large for the group's server! so I compressed
> >with WinMediaEncoder.  I'm not too happy with the slow start and would
like
> >to get it where it would loop smoothly.  Any suggestions?  Dealing with
the
> >soundtrack makes it more difficult I think.
>
> Looks cool!
>
> As for the suggestion, use a popular video format that can be opened
> with something different from Microsoft Media Player. The latter is
> really bad at looping (it doesn't prefetch the beginning when it gets
> near the end, simple as that, why they haven't fixed it for years is a
> mystery).
>
> Try MPEG.
>

> Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
> Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg
> TAG      e-mail : pet### [at] tagpovrayorg

I hunted around for an avi to mpeg utility and was met with a glut of
devices.  I  tried a couple; one Japanese device (for avi to avi/divx)
crashed a bunch of sw on my machine so after restoring I decided it might be
safest to use a Microsoft product.  Perhaps you could suggest a good avi to
mpeg utility for Win2000?
Also, you've jogged my memory a bit.  I think the media player will preload
but you have to program an event into the stream using an MS utility...